- September 3 –NSM Back to School Bash. Come to the Volleyball pit by Papa Johns on Sept 3 from 6-8pm for fun, food, and fellowship. The entire college of Science and Math is invited. We will play games, eat some great BBQ, have prizes, and get to know students and faculty.
- October 23-24- Herb Robbins Symposium
The symposium gives students a platform to present scientific research they have done as well as an opportunity for students to learn about new scientific discoveries and the importance of summer research programs.
Dates: October 23-24, 2015
Location: Sadler Hall
October 23, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
October 24, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Lunch will be provided.
Now you can easily pay your membership fees online!
- Herb Robbins Symposium on Friday, October 24, and Saturday, October 25. BBB is hosting the Herb Robbins Symposium this year, and we need volunteers! Courtney, our Events Coordinator, has had a sign-up sheet going around since the beginning of the semester. If you have not had a chance to sign up yet to donate your time or baked goods or coffee items for the Coffee Fundraiser, please do so at the meeting. Service hours—as always—will be awarded to those who dedicate their time and/or donate goods!
- BBB Annual All Hallows’ Evening, October 31. BBB will be hosting its third annual “All Hallows’ Evening” Costume Party in Roberts 103 starting at 6:00 p.m. It will end before the DBU Great Pumpkin Chase so you will be able to attend both. This is a really fun event with a costume contest, prizes, pumpkin carving and painting, snacks, etc.
- TriBeta Induction Ceremony, November 13 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This will be held in the Gaston Chapel with a reception following in the Widner Room. Please make plans to be there as it is a requirement for members to attend this event.
Want text reminders and announcements from TriBeta?
Enter this number: 972-684-5240
With this message: @tribeta
You’ll get updates via text message.
The 2014 TriBeta Induction Ceremony for new members and officers will be held on Thursday, March 27, in the Great Hall at 7:00 p.m. Current members are expected to attend to support and assist in the ceremony. Family members are encouraged to attend. Please RSVP to Dr. Hinson and include the number of people who will attend with you.
A reception will follow the ceremony. Members should bring finger foods, and TriBeta will furnish the drinks, plates, napkins, etc. Please see Barron to sign up to bring a finger food for the reception.
The TriBeta Induction is a formal ceremony so please dress appropriately: slacks and collared shirts for the gentlemen and dresses or slacks for the ladies. Current members, please wear your honor cords.
The Herb Robbins Symposium is held each year in October. The symposium gives students a platform to present scientific research they have conducted as well as an opportunity for students to learn about new scientific discoveries and the importance of summer research programs. The program for this year is attached. TriBeta members will assist in this event. Please contact Robin Cloutier to sign up for a time to help. This will go toward your required service hours.
Location: Sadler Hall
Friday, October 25, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 26, 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch will be provided.
Dress up, bring some goodies, and/or bring a pumpkin. There will be pumpkin carving, fun, and a bit of friendly competition. Two awards will be given for costume, food, and pumpkin carving. The categories are “Nerdiest” and “Most Scientifically Correct.” Come by Roberts 103 on October 31 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. TriBeta is hosting, but all are welcome to attend.
TriBeta will host the September Science Soiree on September 26. This is a social time for the Natural Sciences and Mathematics students which will be held at the water fountain near the Roberts Building from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. We will also sell Rita’s Italian Ice. If you would like to help with any of the set-up, serving, or clean-up, contact Joy Nettleton (Events Coordinator) or Robyn Cloutier (Secretary). This will be a great way to get some of your service hours in while having a great time!
Eat at Chili’s on Carrier Parkway on April 10, and TriBeta will receive 10% of the proceeds! You must present the flyer or have a photo on your phone.
Our final meeting will be April 10 in RB 113 at noon. On the agenda: vote for officers for the 2013-2014 year, hear about the Regional meeting events, and Zach Ross will be sharing his medical mission experience to Uganda. Bring your lunch.
Don’t forget to put April 23 on your calendar. The next TriBeta induction ceremony will be April 23 from 7-9 pm in the Great Hall. This is for everyone to attend. Existing members are also a part of the ceremony.
We will set next year’s calendar next month. If you have an event, a speaker, a field trip, a fundraiser, or any idea that you would like for TriBeta to consider, let Dr. Hinson know. This is your Society.